Thank you for considering Deer Track Golf Course to host your golf outing!.
Below you will find answers to some of our most often asked questions that relate to organizing a successful golf event. Our goal is to make your entire outing experience most memorable.
How do I secure a date for my outing?
Our PGA Golf Professional is always happy to assist you. Following your initial inquiry and date selection, you will be sent an outing contract reviewing your particular needs. Return the completed and signed contract to Deer Track with a $100 deposit to secure your date.
Can Deer Track offer any advice to help me get started?
Communication is the most vital element in hosting a successful golf event. As outing chairperson, you have many responsibilities and decisions to make. The experienced staff at Deer Track is an excellent source of information to help you organize and plan. The best piece of advice for getting started is to set a deadline for accepting player entries and be sure to collect all entry fees in advance from your participants by that deadline. This will help minimize any miscommunication and avoid any “unwanted surprises.” We encourage you to contact us with any questions or concerns, so please call us at (513) 625-2500. Planning your golf outing has never been made easier!
What are my options for teeing off?
Normally, foursomes tee-off the first hole at ten (10) minute intervals. Groups containing 32 or more people, have the option of a “WAVE”, which allows golfers to tee-off on both the first and tenth tees simultaneously. A third option available for large groups, is a “SHOTGUN”. Starting times are limited, but players start on different holes throughout the golf course at the same time.
What special requirements should I make my outing participants aware of?
- Each player requires his or her own set of golf clubs.
- Proper golf etiquette, behavior and attire are expected at all times.
- Deer Track is a soft spike facility.
- Players should arrive at least 30 minutes prior to their assigned tee-times.
- Ohio State law prohibits carry-on food and alcoholic beverages.
- Personal coolers are NOT permitted at any time.
- For everyone’s enjoyment, players should try to maintain a pace of 4 to 4 ½ hours to complete their round.
- Please obey all golf cart restrictions required due to weather, terrain and safety concerns.
What about special needs such as hole contests and prizes?
Our golf shop is well-stocked with “essentials”, at very competitive prices. We can special order anything from logo balls to apparel for you. Let us customize a prize package for your event, or if you prefer, gift cards are available in any denomination. Special hole contests, cart signs and score sheets can also be arranged through the golf shop.
Does Deer Track provide a beverage cart for use by our outing?
Deer Track routinely provides a beverage cart on the golf course as needed. Special arrangements can always be made for additional food and beverage services.
Am I able to use “volunteers” to help out on the day of my event?
You are always welcome to use volunteers. We suggest they bring their own folding chairs, sunblock, bottled water, binoculars, etc. to aid in their comfort. For safety reasons, spectators are not permitted on the golf course at any time.
How are final arrangements and payment for the outing handled?
Ten (10) days prior to your event, we ask that you please notify the golf shop of your total number of participants. With some consideration, this is the number of people that you will be held financially responsible for. At this time we will also finalize your food and beverage options, your on-course contests, registration table needs and any other special requirements and requests. Full payment for your outing is expected five (5) days prior to the date of your event! Deer Track accepts payment by cash, company check, MasterCard or Visa. At this time we would also request an up to date copy of your player list to aid in our final preparations for your event.
What if inclement weather threatens to “rain-out” my event?
If the golf course is closed due to inclement weather, we will make every effort to reschedule your outing to a mutually acceptable date. Unfortunately, any food already ordered for your original outing date cannot be cancelled. All efforts will be made to accommodate you to the best of our abilities.
At least ten (10) days prior to the date of my event, I need to:
- Call Deer Track at (513) 625-2500, with the number of golfers in my outing.
- The number of people I have for my outing banquet (confirm menu selection).
- Special beverage options for my group (tickets, tab, etc.).
- Special needs (hole contests, registration tables, score sheets, etc.).
At least five (5) days prior to the date of my event, I need to:
- Pay in full the total amount of my golf outing invoice (golf, food, prizes, etc.).
- Submit one copy of my player list to the golf shop at Deer Track.